Saturday 4 February 2017

Benidorm

I went to Benidorm for a long weekend for my dad's 60th Birthday last weekend.

It was a pretty good trip - I flew with RyanAir from Bristol to Alicante - flew out at 11.30am on Friday and then flew home at 930am on the Monday. The flight both ways were pretty full - the flight was cheap under £60 return and I went hand luggage only - and I didnt bother booking my seat - I lucked out on the seats I got row 10 on the way out and row 3 on the way home so I was one of first off each time plus had room for my hand luggage - some people had to put their's in the hold!


The weather was pretty good warm enough for jeans and a tee and I had a  room in the Hotel Magic Cristal Park in Benidorm on the 7th floor with great views over te hotels with the mountains to the one side and the sea to the other. The hotel was pretty nice but full of old people haha - my room was good but it was miles from anywhere and although they had working lifts I needed to walk to my room from the 6th floor up a flight of stairs which wasnt too bad but did take a while.


The food was amazing and I was all inclusive - so much variety like 2/3 different main dishes, plus 2 soups, plus tapas, veggies side dishes etc every meal and fresh fruit, yoghurts, cakes, icecream, cheeses, meats, rolls, fish, salads and so on and so on. Also included drinks every meal you had variety of juices, plus a soda fountain, bottled water, cava, beer, red wine, white wine and so on. Brekkie was cooked breakfast, cereals, fruit, yoghurts, danishes/pastries, meats, cheeses etc

In the evening there was entertainment and always a quiz and then music and dancing - I won the quiz twice so won 2 bottles of  fizz :D

I was only there for a short time so my dad took me to La Cala - we had a wander around the beach and into the market - was a lovely day plenty to see and do - the market had some beautiful fruits and veggies and was lovely - I think if we went again I'd go half board or b&b and go shopping for fresh food at the market


My dad was 60 on the Saturday so in the evening they decorated tables in the lounge for him and some of his friends brought him a lovely fresh cream cake :) the entertainer announced his birthday and everyone sang happy birthday to him - he had a tonne of cards from his friends (they all go out every year)ad he even had a bottle of whisky from some of the staff.


 On the Sunday we walked down to the harbour and had a wander along the beach and into the shops - it was a nice chill out day because my ad was pretty much hung over haha from the night before.

I had to get picked up super early on the Monday for my 9.30 flight home - the flight was again fab - I had booked the 1230 coach back to Cardiff as they only run very 2 hours from Bristol - I had an hours wait in the airport but it had free wifi so I had a hot chocolate and sat inside and caught up on the news and things before getting home.

Definitely considering going back to Benidorm - I was expecting to hate it but I actually had a really good time - the hotel was in Old Benidorm and quiet and the shops and markets were fun - I would have likd to have gone to Altaya and maybe had a wander around Alicante too - maybe next year!


No comments:

Post a Comment